Come work for us as a Peer Support Officer
Straight Arrows is seeking a Peer Support Officer to join our peer support team. The role of the Peer Support Officer is to provide dynamic, peer led programs, which foster the resilience and emotional, social and physical wellbeing of heterosexual men, all women and children living with HIV and their families. It is the role of the Peer Support Officer to support the health and wellbeing of members living with HIV by creating an enabling environment in which individuals are empowered to realise their aspirations, meet their needs and participate fully in society.
Part time position, 12 hours per week.
SCHADS Award – Level 4
A salary packaging option is available.
- relevant degree with one year’s relevant experience; associate diploma with relevant experience;
- lesser formal qualifications with substantial years of relevant experience; or
- attained through previous appointments, service and/or study, an equivalent level of expertise and experience to undertake a range of activities,
- ability to create and develop positive linkages with the HIV community;
- highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and excellent organisational skills;
- ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals living with a disability;
- a current and valid driver's licence and the ability to undertake some travel; and
- satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check are required.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Sara Graham, Executive officer, Straight Arrows, 1/111 Coventry St, Southbank 3006 VIC. For a confidential discussion about the role, we encourage you to contact Sara Graham – Straight Arrows manager on 03 9863 9414. Download a copy of the position description here.
Applications close 12 December 2016.
Living Positive Victoria and Straight Arrows take child safety very seriously have a zero tolerance approach to child harm.